New Year's Eve is a time of reflection, growth, and improvement, and every January, about one in three Americans resolve to better themselves in some way in the upcoming year.
This year, let us help you achieve your vacation rental New Year's resolutions.
Do you see your resolutions in our lists below?
New Year's Resolutions for Vacation Rental Homeowners
- I will double-check that I’m compliant with state laws, local laws, and HOA regulations to make sure I’m legally allowed to rent out my home.
- I will pay my transient/occupancy taxes to make sure I don’t receive an unwanted visit from the IRS.
- I will re-assess the maintenance arrangement I have with ‘Bob’s Repairs’ and make sure he is licensed and insured.
- I will look into keyless locks so I don’t have to worry about passing keys back and forth.
- I will update my website and listing sites so that I increase our occupancy rates.
- I will develop or improve upon my vacation rental guide so customers have a better experience and call me less often.
- I will see what I can do to free up more time to enjoy with my family and loved ones.
- I will look into an answering service so that I’m not answering phone calls all hours of the day.
- I will look into ways of getting more income or guaranteeing income.
- I will get in touch with Rented.com, so I can accomplish #1 through #9 without having to do the work, allowing me to...
New Year's Resolutions for Homeowners Working with a Property Manager
- I will ask around to make sure I’m being charged a competitive rate.
- I will check my bills for spurious fees and get an explanation if I don’t know what they are for.
- I will ask my manager where he is advertising and how often, so I can make additional plans if I think they’re needed.
- I will pull a credit report and better business report to double-check the legitimacy of my property management company.
- I will look into the contracts of other property managers to make sure I have a competitive arrangement.
- I will ask my current manager about the number of bookings they expect.
- I will ask my manager how they screen guests to make sure my home is cared for.
- I will ensure repairs and maintenance are well-managed.
- I will ask the property manager to schedule a monthly conversation with me, so we can stay connected.
- I will get in touch with Rented.com and the best, Rented.com-certified professional managers in my area, so someone else can do #1 through #9, and I can...
What is on your list of New Year's resolutions for 2016? Let us know in the comments!